Friday, May 14, 2010

GOODBYE LONDON!

"Life at best is bittersweet."
-Jack Kirby

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
-Old English idiom

"keep calm and carry on"
-war propaganda from England

I literally have about 4 more hours left in London and they will be spent getting to the airport. My bags are packed, my fancy driver (not) is on his way and I'm sitting in my empty room waiting, just waiting. It still has not really hit me hard yet that I'm leaving London for a while because I'm so used to dealing with the stresses of travelling and, honestly, I feel no different than I did when I was off to Rome for Spring Break, but the difference then was I knew I'd be back in London SOON, so there was no need to miss it! I will miss it, I know, but I just can't help feeling I'll be back in a week, so there's no need for sadness and there's no need to wonder when I'll be back because I KNOW it'll be sooner than I think. If there's one thing this semester has taught me, it's that time goes by FAST. I mean, really fast... seriously, how is it not still January!?!?

I have loved every moment of my time here and there were so many people I've met (both great and not so great people) that have had life changing effects on me. I don't think those changes will manifest through my personality much (just for those of you worrying if I'm a snob now, well... I'm no more of a snob than I've always been so be cool), but I have been deeply moved by this experience as a whole. I'm surprised saying goodbye to my friends here, my teachers here, and my kids at the Cavendish wasn't more difficult, but I guess it's just hard to cry and be sad when you're whole-heartedly happy.

Thanks to everyone who made this semester what it was for me and thanks to those of you who kept up with this blog. It really meant a lot hearing from some of you about what I was up to in Londontown. I loved all the positive feedback about my writing as well. Although this blog was meant to be completely informal and off the top of my head, I really appreciate being told that I have a good voice in my writing. THAT'S what I was going for! Thank you and I love you.

Also, although I have failed in "corrupting foggy London town" I have a feeling I've made my mark in certain areas (more deets later). This blog is by no means finished, but as this is the last entry I'll actually be posting from Europe, I just want it known that it's been a hell of a trip and I love love love Europe! I will be back and I hope some of you will be with me, even if it's only as a fan of my blog(s?).

Cheers,
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment